Friday, July 1, 2011

JULY AND THE SUMMER SIZZLE IS ON ITS WAY BACK AS AMERICANS ENTER THE 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY WEEKEND...........

The first six months of 2011, are history.  July 1, brings a resurgence in California USA, of the seasonal summer weather.  The June 20 / 21, triple digit, first day of summer temperatures, which had subsided by more than thirty degrees fahrenheit, are forecast by this coming Monday, July 4th, Independence Day to be back in the 102-104 degrees range.  OT started at 7 am, an observed shower with the therapist, followed by my dressing myself.  PT session number one is at 8 am,  primarily standing and walking therapy, for a distance of twenty two feet, one way today.  Then I will fold in upwards of a half hour of bed rest, before breakfast, as my energy from ninety minutes of continuous physical activity is well depleted.  I ate breakfast quickly in order to grab a few more minutes rest and take my morning medications; as from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm, the so called, "family training" conference will take place, with therapists, case managers and social workers.  I am not sure any of my volunteer caregivers are attending, given the start of the holiday weekend, and that they did this with me just three months ago.  This training is a redundancy, but required by rehab protocols.  I will likely go home even stronger and more able than I was in mid March, so I empathize with those in my circle of friends, who do not get too fired up to fill a repetitious, empty, requirement.  Even more egregious was the request of one of last night's nurses, that I be tested for my ability to check my own blood sugar and administer insulin, when I have been doing so, four times a day, for over nine years.  That is  approximately 10,000 self applications, and there is even the sniff of a question about my ability to do it ?   Nonsensical.  I, like millions of diabetics - learn and carry out this function daily and successfully.  This is when common sense and practical consideration should take hold.....No response yet about my projected discharge date, although two of the therapists think late next week, is likely.  I have not seen the house doctor today yet, so hopefully when I do he will, have some news.  With two pt sessions done and anotherot session imminent, I will ineviably be ready for a significant nap after lunch, especially with the case manger and social worker, ciming to round out the caregiving conference portion of this day..........More To Come, In Christ Jesus The Lord,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive