Saturday, July 30, 2011

FOUR HOURS UNTIL MY EVENING ANTIBIOTIC INFUSION TREATMENT AND NO NEW VOLUNTEERS YET...........

Twenty four hours after I posted my continuing need for new and fresh volunteers to assist me, with my antibiotic infusion therapy in the rectory, mornings and evenings, seven days a week, which my doctor decided yesterday afternoon would not end on the original schedule, but continue for the time being; and having posted two blog columns, as well as numerous e-mails and phone calls made to solicit further assistance of my parishioners and friends, since then; I sit here preparing to celebtate the 5 p.m. Sunday Vigil Mass, still needing a volunteer to connect and disconnect my 8 p.m. treatment, and having received no response to my urgent request, despite having fifteen more persons read my blog today, than did yesterday.  When bereaved family members who are parishioners, can continue to answer this need, after doing their share and more, during the past three weeks, it is difficult to understand why any of the rest of you who are capable of carrying out this relatively simple, and straightforward, procedure, do not even inquire, or respond to my sincere and undeniably important request.  Is it that I'm on my own to scrape up the bare minimum number of persons, and all but literally press them into service, regardless, so as not to inconvenience the rest of you ?  Or is it that you don't really care whether I am in the parish doing the ministry I can and need to be doing, rather than being sidelined in a hospital rehab bed, away from OLOL, for no good reason other than these twice daily, less than four hours total, required daily therapy treatments ?  Whatever the reason, the indifference and unavailability, to my requests are indicating clearly, what few persons within my wider circle are willing to even respond to my need, beyond your own comfort zones.  I will find a way to soldier on, in completing this antibiotic regimen, hopefully without having to be readmitted to do so. But trying to accept and understand, the unwillingness and rationalizations, of those of you who will not respond, will take me even longer to phantom, as despite our obvious friendship connection, there seems to exist a greater disconnect...........Fr.  Troy

IF YOU CAN, AND ARE WILLING TO HELP ME WITH THESE INFUSION THERAPY TREATMENTS,  CONTACT ME HERE ON THE BLOG;  E-MAIL ME AT  troypow@yahoo.com  OR TELEPHONE ME, AT  925-5313.

VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED THIS WEEK  ON :

TONIGHT,  SA 7-30-11  8PM
TOMORROW,  SU 7-31,  10AM & 8PM
M 8-1,  9AM & 8PM
TU 8-2,  9AM & 8PM
W 8-3,  9AM & 8PM
TH 8-4,  9AM & 8PM
F 8-5,  9AM & 8PM
SA 8-6,  10AM & 8PM
SU 8-7,  10AM & 8PM

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive