Wednesday, July 27, 2011

THE AWESOME BLENDSHIP OF UNCONDITIONAL FRIENDSHIP...........

As ever, Ted Dahlberg was at the front door of OLOL rectory, punctually at the stroke of 2 p.m., to drive me to my 2:30 p.m. nuclear medicine testing part three - at Sutter General Capitol Pavillon, as the only respondent to my request for a ride today.  I feel grateful for his generous spirit, and unconditional willingness, whenever he is available; to step up and get me to and from these essential appointments in my rehabilitation and restoration.  But I am also concerned about having to over-depend on the handful of persons in my circle, like Ted, because too few others, are responsive or willing to answer my requests for transportation.   The time I spend with him and his wife, Irene, are always enjoyable as the blendship of more than thirty years of friendship, confirms the authentic and unconditional care they have for me, as a person, and their friend, as well as a priest.  Today's procedure was half as long as it was scheduled to be, so Ted and I were back at OLOL, at about a quarter to 4 o'clock.  My cell phone has been acting up for more than six weeks and in a matter of minutes Ted was able to get it properly functioning for me again, as to use a new term I learned at the Capitol Pavillon today, I am not a, "technologist".  With just five antibiotic infusion therapy treatments remaining to complete, Paul Friedrich will be here to facilitate the p.m. treatment tonight.  I hold out hope in regards to my currently indefinite transportation needs, that many more of you will say yes, and provide rides as needed.  But I am becoming increasingly realistic that asking and seeking, will not necessarily produce anyone else.  Only the generosity of their own hearts and minds, can unlock that possibility, and make it happen...........Fr.  Troy

>>>I AM CURRENTLY SEEKING A RIDE TO MY NEXT APPOINTMENT AT ANCHOR PROSTHETICS AT AUBURN BOULEVARD AND WATT AVENUE ON THURSDAY AUGUST 11, AT 11 A.M.  PICK-UP AT OLOL RECTORY @ 10:30 A.M.  IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ME WITH TRANSPORTATION THAT DAY, PLEASE LEAVE ME A MESSAGE HERE ON MY BLOG, -
E-MAIL AT  troypow@yahoo.com  OR CALL 925-5313.....THANKS.   fr.tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive