Saturday, July 2, 2011

A SLOWER, WELCOME, START TO THIS SATURDAY MORNING...........

After five consective days of increasingly acute rehab therapies, standing, walking, strengthening, with my temporary prostheses and exercising my legs and upper body, while taking care of my healing back, it was nice to be able to sleep an hour longer than I have been, as my body is in a much more restful mode and slower to awake, as a reult of the therapy sessions.  The pain is lessening in my right spinal chord and I am able to position myself and move appropriately- logrolling in and out of bed from, ot to, a sitting position better, as each day passes.  The projected discharge date back to the rectory for me is next Friday, July 8.  Arranging some at home nursing help with the daily antibiotic treatments I will be continuing for awile in the rectory, now becomes the focal point of my being released.  Mercy General Rehabilitation, will train anyone who is not a nurse,  who volunteers to assist me with this task.  I must and will, find someone to do what is necessary, as it makes no sense for me to remain here, if my doctors, and therapists, believe I am ready and able to return to my parish duties and resume normally.  So let the word go forth to all my circle of family, friends, past and present parishioners, and fellow believers - If you are available to learn how to help me in this way - please contact me, this week.  I am receiving my first antibiotic treatment for today, as I am blogging, breakfasting, and waiting the start of pt session one on this Saturday morning.  I will blog soon with a further update...........With Confidence My Circle Will Provide The Home Health I Will Require,   Fr.  Troy  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive