Thursday, July 7, 2011

GRADUATING BACK INTO THE SADDLE / PARTIALLY HOLDING DOWN THE FORT AS MY FIRST DAY BACK @ OLOL PROCEEDS...........

Parish Secretary Frances Hood, worked yesterday for today, due to another commitment, so that I am covering the phones and doorbells of the Parish Office on my first day back in the rectory.  Fr. Pius is taking care of the external calls and needs, which included going to the UC Davis Medical Center earlier to visit a seriously ill parishioner.  I am striking a balance between work activity and parish work, and also still trying to recruit more volunteers for my twice daily antibiotic therapy, morning and evening,, between last night and Friday July 29th.  The importance of this therapy requires me to assure there are a sufficient number of persons to facilitate it for me.  At this point, I need at least four more persons who are willing to do the training and volunteer your time in the morning, and / or, in the evening.  I take the treatments in the rectory at approximately 9 a.m., and 9 p.m., seven days a week.  I am grateful that Ray and Ian Riehle, Erika Ransom, Paul Friedrich, and Patty and Jack Pennington, have agreed to train and assist me.  Now I need others of you to say yest to doing the same.  One of the true tests of faith, family, friendship, and fidelity, to Catholic-Christian values, is being pro-active and responsive, when a particular need among the loved ones in our circle occurs, requiring our help.  I am blessed with a wide circle of family, friends, and fellow believers, thus no shortage of potential helpers.  Please contact me right away if you are willing to help me with this antibiotic infusion therapy.  If you can come to Our Lady of Lourdes rectory tonight Thursday July 7th, to receive the training from Ray Riehle, I avidly encourage you to join us.  "Many Hands Make Little Work", and now is a vital time when I can use the gift of your hands and time, to complete this therapeutic regimen over the next three weeks...........Can you ??  Will You ??  Are You ??  Available To Assist Me ???????????  Love, Confidence, Prayers, Peace, !!!!!!!!!!!...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive