Tuesday, July 19, 2011

RAY RIEHLE MY CHIEF INFUSION THERAPY VOLUNTEER OFFERS TO DRIVE ME TO MY 10:45 A.M. APPOINTMENT WITH DR. MCMONAGLE, DESPITE HAVING TO LEAVE HIS WORK, TO DO SO...........

Ray Riehle, my twenty year friend and former parishioner, from my fifteen months as newly ordained Associate Pastor of Holy Family Parish, Citrus Heights;and my three and a half years as Associate Pastor of St. John the Baptist Parish Folsom; who is currently heading up my Antibiotic Infusion Therapy home health treatments and was my Tuesday morning volunteer to connect and disconnect me, generously offered to drive me to and from my appointment in Roseville, with Dr. McMonagle.  He did so, as my self imposed, 9 a.m. deadline for contact from northeastern Sacramento parishioners and friends, passed without a response.  Ray who is an independent small businessman, in Citrus Heights, who has worked valiantly extra hard the past four years during the economic recession, to keep himself viably in business, like so many others in our local communities, was taking time away from his essential livelihood, to help me because he cares deeply about me and getting me healed and able to progress with my priestly ministry.  Others either not working or retired, who could and some instances say you will help provide me with transportation to these medical appointments and then don't respond, or make yourself available, can learn a lesson from Ray.  From this point forward I will put my requests for your assistance out equally among all of you in my circle.  I ask you who are sincerely willing to help me with these rides, until please God, I am trained to drive again with my prostheses; to send me a comment posting with your Name, Days of the Week and Times on those Says you are available, so that I can put together a Master List of Driver Volunteers, and not be scurrying the day or two before each doctor's or medical appointment to find and secure a driver.  The time and energy I am expending on tracking down rides, is a total waste.  And spending $50-$100 each time on taxi rides to multiple appointments throughout each month, OLOL budget cannot provide for and which are putting a substantial strain on my income to pay for and meet my other co-pays and other monthly expenses, which next month will include a round-trip airfare and lodging in Phoenix, for several days as I undergo my 2nd Annual Kidney Transplant Evaluation at the Mayo Clinic; volunteer drivers, who I am willing to provide gas money, or use of my car to and from appointments for, are imperative to covering the bases.  I do not enjoy complaining, or pressing anyone into service.  But I know, that if any of you I know and care about, were to be in a similar predicament, my conscience, discipleship, and our friendship / relationship, would cause me to help you in my need.  So I continue to pray that more of you will see your way to responding in the affirmative and lessening my frustration at spinning my wheels each and every time, a new medical appointment day approaches.  Peace + Prayers, In Jesus Who Is Lord...........Fr.  Troy

MY NEXT MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS I AM NEEDING DRIVERS FOR ARE :

Monday July 25th - 9:15 am   SUTTER IMAGING CENTER, 28th & CAPITOL AVE. 
                                 1:15 p.m.  SUTTER IMAGING CENTER,   28th & CAPITOL AVE.

Thurs.  July 28th -   8 a.m.  LABCORP, Elvas Avenue

IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE TO DRIVE ME AT ONE OF THOSE TIMES, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY BLOG, E-MAIL, OR PHONE OLOL, AT  916-925-5313.  THANK YOU...........    

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive