Monday, July 4, 2011

SUNDAY'S WALKING DISTANCE WITH MY TEMPORARY PROSTHESES WAS 100 FEET !!!!!!!!!!!...........

At the pt session this morning at which we played Electronic Bowling, the first time I have ever bowled in my life - the therapist informed me the distance I walked yesterday from the gym into the hallway, back toward my room - was 100 feet, an increase of forty feet from Saturday !!!!!  Not surprising I lost the bowling game :  132-130-112-75, although I scored two strikes for the absent third player, and a couple of strikes for myself.  My cousin Linda arrived between therapy sessions this morning for her latest visiting, bearing some beautiful dark chocolate candy.  However, it was not sugar free, thus she will exchange it.  I was sorely tempted to keep it, given four nights of very low blood sugars here since I aarived here ten days ago, and the need to bolster my blood sugar level during the night; but alas - I am cognizant enough about the stability of my health, to know not to do that.  The lunch buffet is usually served from 1 pm, but today despite my punctual presence in the dining room, having sat up the past hour since returning from pt, today it is not being served until 1:30 pm, so ten more minutes to wait.  My blood sugar is lowering, as I had no mid-morning snack, so I poured myself a cup of coffee, with creamer, to try to keep it from dropping further.  Father John Healy, an ever faithful presence, came by ten minutes ago and brought me Holy Communion for today.  I issue forth another request for family, friends, fellow believers, in my circle to volunteer to assist me back in the rectory come this Friday, with the antibiotic therapy I will be continuing for the next few weeks.  The doctors and therapists assess me ready and capable of proceeding back in the parish, as of July 8th, and I know I am ready - not only by the renewed strength and healing I am experiencing; but by the bloom being gone from the necessary hospital time this has setback has required.  There is ministry I can and should be doing, especially considering infection is gone and my back is healed on schedule.  So please consider the time you can contribute to make it happen and contact me immediately about the training Mercy General Rehabilitation will provide you.  Any retirede nurses in OLOL, are definitely welcome.  Lunch has arrived, so that's all for now as this Independence Day moves onward...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive