Friday, July 29, 2011

SEVEN HOURS AFTER POSTING MY NEED FOR MORE INFUSION THERAPY VOLUNTEERS, I HAVE RECEIVED NO NEW RESPONSES OF HELP...........

Granted, learning and announcing my further, continuing need for more fresh volunteers from within my circle, to help facilitate my antibiotic infusion therapy, which the Doctor has decided to continue as of tomorrow morning and evening for the time being, I have not yet heard back from anyone, inquiring or willing, to step up and agree to do the treatments with or for me.  Astonishing, as my blog alone garners a daily reradership of over seventy persons, more than one third of them in the greater Sacramento area.  Furthermore, in my twenty four years as a priest, I have served in five parishes, in the northeastern corridor of  Sacramento County - Holy Family, Citrus Heights; St. John the Baptist, Folsom; Presentation Parish, Arden; and St. Philomene's, Arden Arcade; as well as, Our Lady of Lourdes, Del Paso Heights/Rio Linda/Elverta/Robla/.  These five parish comprise more than 8,300 registered families combined; and my personal circle of friends and other former parishioners, count several hundreds more; yet for the past three and a half weeks, despite my repeated requests, facebook messages, and phone calls, it has been impossible so far, to recruit, or get a response from anyone more than the seven volunteers, plus Fr. Pius, who have facilitated these 47 home health care antibiotic infusion treatments I have received in the OLOL rectory since July 6th.  Most of the seven volunteers are not, nor should they be, available to continue covering the extended schedule of treatments I will have to take.  They have done their share, giving me at least two treatments a week each, over the past three weeks and two days.  Three of them have endured the loss of their fathers, this week, and it is insensitive, and unfair, to expect them in their personal parental bereavement, to feel it necessary to continue doing this for me, at this time under the circumstances they are experiencing.  Yet, do the lack of new responses from the rest of my circle, that is going to happen.  The Penningtons were here Wednesday morning and tonight, to complete the schedule they had signed up for, even after their father's passing and with his funeral Memorial Mass set for next Thursday morning.  And because there is no one scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, as of tonight, they are willing, (to my embarrassment they need to) to do my connect/disconnect tomorrow morning's 10 a.m. treatment, and a number of other 9 a.m. treatments, during the coming - all because I need someone's help, and there is no one else outside the seven, responding to any of my requests to assist with it.  What more can I say to make the point, that this is something, virtually anyone of the rest of you can do.  I can train you very simply to do what is necessary.  It is increasingly disappointing me to discover the indifference and unavailability in regards to answering this need I am continuing to encounter.  When adding the infusion volunteers and driver volunteers together, I have only been able to get less than ten tenths of one percent of the 8,300 families in greater Sacramento, I know as a priest, Pastor, and personal friend, for the past twenty four years plus, to proactively respond to my currently undeniable medical/therapeutic need.  That's a sad statement of fact, when through and despite my diabetic, transplant, and amputation, challenges, have striven to remain an unconditional, and honorable friend and priest, to those 99.9 % of you; as well as to the less than
 two tenths of one percent, who are now being truly unconditional and responsive friends...........Fr.  Troy

IF YOU CAN AND ARE WILLING TO VOLUNTEER FOR ANTIBIOTIC INFUSION THERAPY FACILITATING CONTACT ME HERE, BY E-MAIL, OR BY CALLING.....
                                                                     troypow@yahoo.com   925-5313

TREATMENTS REQUIRING VOLUNTEERS THIS WEEK  JULY 30 - AUGUST 7.

SA 7-30 -  8 PM
SU 7-31 -  10AM & 8PM
M 8-1 -  9AM & 8PM
TU 8-2 -  9AM & 8PM
W 8-3 -  9AM & 8PM
TH 8-4 -  9AM & 8PM
F 8-5 -  9AM & 8PM
SA 8-6 -  10AM & 8PM
SU 8-7 -  10AM & 8PM

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive