Monday, July 4, 2011

BARBEQUE CHICKEN FOR 4TH OF JULY DINNER...........

My customary holiday bbq meal of steak, hot dogs, chili beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, and watermelon, pre-empted by being in hospital rehab, rather than in the rectory, meant settling for what the Mercy menu provides.  Having asked the dietician to substitute fish for meat, my dinner entree was a barbeque boneless chicken breast, with rice pilaff, yellow squad, mandarin oranges, and coffee.  So that's my being a yankee doodle dandy on this 235th Declaration of  Independence Day.  My sister Alene made a return visit this evening bearing snacks,  Crunchy Cheetos, cheese and crackers, Mixed Nuts among them.   We had a plesant visit.  I got up into my wheelchair, and we took a stroll down the hallway.  My afternoon pt session was another group therapy exercise in which we took turns standing around one of the therapy mats.  We fore went walking long distance today, so I look forward to it tomorrow.  Age, acceptance, resignation, and reality, have the tendency to embrace, rather than fight the circumstances I am dealt.  Nine years ago today, rehospitalized after my initial diabetic charcot foot surgery, I resented being unable to fully enter the 4th of July holiday.  Today, I am still unhappy, not to have the full freedom of celebrating the holiday at home, but have accepted the fact I am here and am trying to make the best of it.  Being here yesterday for some reason was more uneasy than today has been.  A restful evening of blogging, e-mailing, and tv specials, will round out an active day.  According to the scheduling board, I will have an increased 4 hours of therapy 2.5 hours pt; and 1.5 ot; on Tuesday.  The transition to going home on Friday starts to unfold...........Here's To The United States Of America, Being Born On The 4th Of July,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive