Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NO VOLUNTEER DRIVER RESPONSES FOR MY NUCLEAR MEDICINE TESTING PART THREE TODAY, EXCEPT FOR TED DAHLBERG..........

One of my close friends expressed his opinion during the past week, that given the breadth of my personal and professional relationships, that I probably have 400 relatively very good friends.  Yet, over the past six months as I have dealt with my right foot amputation, and two serious spinal cord infections, rehabilitation, and therapy, how astounding it is, that a very small number of them, likely less than five percent of that total, have volunteered to assist me, be it with transportation to medical and therapeutic appointments, or the antibiotic infusion therapy I have been doing in the rectory the past threec weeks.  Instead, inordinately, a handful of my friends and current parishioners are left to do all they can, and I am scrambling daily, weekly, monthly, to find essential rides and assistance, at high costs to myself.  This morning Ted Dahlberg, my South Sacramento / St. Rose's parishioner friend, has generously volunteered yet again, to get me to and from my Nuclear Medicine testing part three, at the Sutter General Capitol Pavillion, in downtown Sacramento, this afternnon, even though on Monday he has already volunteered, seven to eight hours of his time for this same purpose.  I posted my need for today's ride on my blog as soon as I was told about it on Monday.  Furthermore, I called and facebooked about it to no avail.  Therefore, I am coming to believe that despite the great number of persons in my circle of friends, most are conditional, and only a small band of you willing to go the extra miles required at this time, to help me meet these real and otherwise unreachable, needs.  As long as I remain in a wheelchair, unable to drive myself to these medical appointments, or do for myself the therapeutic procedures , like this one I am finishing Friday night, I can only depend on the unconditional generosity of the five percent of you, who truly care enough to help me, and use my own financial resources to take taxis, to those appointments, no one else is available to cover.  That is an expensive proposition, as in just nine of the pastv twelve weeks taxi rides have cost $1.263.00 !!!!!!!!!!!
Meanwhile, I will continue posting my needs for assistance, not being gullible, but  with optimism that Christian charity, discipleship, and friendship, will unconditionally, prevail...........Very Truly Yours In Christ Jesus The Lord,   Fr.  Troy    

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive