Sunday, July 10, 2011

STANDING BY FOR HOME HEALTH ANTIBIOTIC TREATMENT #9 OF 47.....COUNTING DOWN TO THE CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR BROTHER CAPTAIN BRIAN CHARLES WELCH...........

In less than ten minutes, Erika Ransom is due here at the rectory to administer my 9 p.m. antibiotic treatment.  My home treatments are going well thus far, as Ray Riehle, whose employment background more than twenty years ago, was working with the Artificial Health Pump, was an excellent volunteer to be the first trainee and trainer, for administering my antibiotic regimen.  Three more OLOL parishioners volunteered today to assist with the remaining 38 treatments I will have between now and July 29th.  Having willing, reliable, trained, volunteers to carry out this procedure is, and has to be the primary consideration.  I am now confident that the eight persons who have committed to helping me complete this antibiotic regimen, will be sufficient to covering the twice daily schedule.  I'm just mildly surprised, more of my personal friends took a pass on providing the coverage necessary, as I would be laying in a Mercy General rehab or hospital bed, until July 29th, without these volunters, that is where I would be.  Tomorrow brings plugging back in fully to parish administration, as well as other ministries; and this week brings finalizing preparations for the Memorial Service next Saturday in Lincoln, for my Sac State Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brother,  Captain Brian Charles Welch.  I am responsible for rounding up other Sac State fraternity alumni to assist with the parking detail at the Memorial Service.  As I stated in a Facebook message, 'that Brian was a brother is reason enough to attend and pay your respects to him'.  That your assistance is needed only underscores the reason that you be present.  That is the proper and brotherly thing to do.  If you are a Lambda Chi alum, in the greater Sacramento area, and can attend the Celebrationof Brian's Life, this Saturday - please contact me immediately, so that we can get you directions to the event site.   "We're all good brothers, each one's the other's friend; and we'll be good brothers until this world shall end; so while we're together, let's give a rousing cheer, for - Lambda Chi Alpha - the bond we hold so dear"...........Captain Brian Charles Welch,  1960-2010 - Son, Brother, Husband, Father, Friend, Fraternity Member, University Union Assistant Manager, Associated Students Senate Chairman,  U.S. Air Force Veteran, American Airlines Pilot, ALS Fighter...........May He Rest In Peace.  Amen.

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive