Monday, July 4, 2011

COMMEMORATING 235 YEARS OF AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE IN THE USA...........

For the fourth morning during the past week, I awoke this morning, having a very low blood sugar count.  Today's was 48; a drop of twenty points, from yesterday's 68; and 86; and 80; in earlier in the week.  I told my nurse this morning it strikes me as unusual, that with this number of low morning counts, that a check during the night, to catch the lowness and put some food or drink into my bloodstream, to stabilize it.  I will continue to request a check overnight of the doctors and nurses today.  As I write this, the doctor on duty walked into my room, so I shared with him my concern and the need I feel there is to make an overnight check.  Again, as I have argued  previously this week, applying common sense, as well as sound medical practice.  On this 4th of July 2011, we who are American citizens, commemorate the 235th anniversary of the Declaration of our Independence.  As fledging colonists in this New Land, more than two and a thirds centuries ago, our forebearers showed bravery, courage, perseverance, and wisdom, in mounting what at that time seemed to be an insurmountable challenge - vanquishing the largest and most powerful realm of that time, the British Empire.  I slept later as a result of my low blood sugar and arose from my bed at 8:30 am, after my morning medications, wheeling down to the dining room for breakfast and then returning to my room, to blog this column, and watch Regis and Kelly, as I wait for my scheduled shower and / or, first therapy session for today.  I am disappointed to have to be inside the hospital/rehab, on this holiday that is about being outside, and celebrating.  I will have to settle for the television celebrations and maintaining my anticipation for being discharged home this Friday...........A Brilliant Red, White, And Blue Day To You All,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive