Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NO WORD YET FROM THE HOME HEALTH NURSING AGENCY WITH MERCY REHAB JOINED IN HELPING ME GET MY PHYSICAL THERAPY IN THE RECTORY STARTED...........

The nursing agency, Mercy Rehab arranged my home health care physical therapy with, continues to be derelict, in providing, and even scheduling, the start of my work with a therapist in the rectory, and they are two weeks behind schedule.  I have given the nursing agency until 5 p.m., today - to have me scheduled starting this week, or I will terminate with them and return, to my external, personal, physical therapist, Quinn McArthur, who is most likely, the superior choice anyway.  The challenge to returning to Swanson-McArthur Physical Therapy, with whom I have scheduled a tentative 4 p.m. Friday appointment, is getting the transportation to and from.  A handful of parishioners, have indicated they will be available to drive me there and back, as it is only as far as Madison Avenue and Van Maren Lane, so it should work out.  It however amazes and irritates me, that a professional medical agency, contracted with by a Catholic institution, are as inferior, and indifferent, to the home health care needs of patients assigned to them.  I guess as long as Medicare, and Insurance, are paying for it, they think all that counts is the number of patients and the profit margin, they can garner.  I take my rehabilitation therapy seriously enough and only today discovered I now have the strength, balance, and ability, to stand up independently for a few moments, not holding on to a walker, or other additional support, and did so twice in my bathroom, this morning and afternoon, as I was transferring back into my wheelchair.  So I need to proceed with a therapeutic professional, who takes my case, just as seriously.  Quinn McArthur, certainly - has, does, will !!!!!  So it will be interesting to see if, and who calls me back between now and the end of the work day.  And I wonder if Mercy Rehab Case Management will have any more success in resolving the inherent problems with this agency's deficiencies and mistakes, in my regard - or will I have to resume my own p.t., with my own three month / eight year therapist, professional, and disciple / friend ???????????...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive