Thursday, July 28, 2011

THURSDAY MORNING TURNS TOPSY-TURVY IN A FEW DIFFERENT WAYS...........

This morning, as I was awaiting arrival of the scheduled volunteer for Thursday's a.m. antibiotic infusion therapy facilitating, the telephone rang and it was last night's volunteer, Paul Friedrich calling with the news that his father, Bill, had died suddlenly, overnight.  This occurring less than two days, after OLOL parishioners Patty and Jack Pennington's father passed away, on Tuesday evening, following a year and a half year struggle with cancer.Then, 9 a.m., and beyond arrived, and the morning infusion theapy volunteer, did not appear.  The other six volunteers were either at work, or otherwise occupied; so need being the mother of invention, I walked Fr. Pius through how to connect and disconnect me.....  Staying on top of a current parish matter where as Pastor, I am having to be the prophetic voice and loyal servant of the whole parish community, versus the self interests of a handful of persons, seeking to circumvent the Parish and my servant-leadership; also had to be dealt with.  Then following through on a request from Bishop Soto, to authorize him to speak with my doctors, which I granted him orally two weeks ago; present privacy protocols require that I grant him permission in writing, by filing a form with the Mercy Medical Group, with whom Dr. Hwang, is affiliated.  The release form was to be e-mailed to me, within the hour, circa 11 a.m.  Phillip, my home health physical therapist was here for Thursday's pt session in the 3 p.m. hour.  Fr. Tony Traynor, stopped by at 4 p.m., for a chat and I invited him to stay for dinner. The rest of the evening includes a nap, and then Erka Ransom's 8:30 p.m., arrival, when she is scheduled to be here for my third to last antibiotic infusion therapy treatment...........Fr.  Troy      

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive