Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MORNING MASS, MY DAY OFF SPENT IN THE RECTORY, MY ANTIOBIOTIC INFUSION THERAPIES, AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT COMEDIES...........

Celebrating the 8 a.m. Mass, fifth Mass since returning to the parish a week ago today, went well; then Patty Pennington got my morning antibiotic infusion therapy started and was done by a quarter after ten o'clock, when I prepared brunch and took my a.m. medications.  The parish office being closed on Wednesdays and my being in the rectory today, meant I ended up answering the phone, almost all the calls requests for rental or financial assistance, which OLOL has no money in the budget to provide.  In my first year as Pastor of OLOL, we are averaging 10-12 financial help requests per week, particularly for rental assistance.  Even tonight, during my p.m. infusion therapy, the doorbell rang after dark, and it my antiobiotic assistant answered the door to a request for food and lodging.  As our Feeding the Hungry operates weekly on Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. - 12 noon, in the Parish Hall, the volunteer made a couple of sandwiches, for the man and his wife, but as for lodging - they fortunately have a car, as there is no way the parish can pay otherwise without being prepared for the dozens who will appear at our doors requesting the same, when their are no resources in OLOL's means to do that.  However, there is a proposal I have committed the parish to supporting in conjunction with our City Councilwoman Sandy Sandy and a faith based community wide organization that would provide housing for homeless families for one year, in partnership with area church congregations.  The 70 minute infusion treatments are in actually taking about 85 minutes each.  Fortunately, even at that longer time period, I was finished in time to see the Betty White, and Fran Drescher,So much for  comedies, a light note to wind down the day with.  More tomorrow, which brings infusion therapies, 17 & 18,  and I'm sure a day of Parish Office activity, and hopefully progress on getting the home health physical therapist scheduled.  If not I will resume my regular weekly therapy with Quinn McArthur, asap...........Schlaft Im Himmlischer Ruh",   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive