Tuesday, July 5, 2011

VISITS FROM MSGRS. WALTON, KAVANAGH, AND VICTOR HERRERA, ROUND OUT MY MORNING AS THE DOCTOR SAYS I CAN GO HOME ANYTIME NOW*...........

Following my morning hour of ot / pt sessions, I returned to my room to rest, and shortly thereafter received a wonderful visit from my former Pastor, Msgr. Robert P. Walton, from Sacred Heart Church, across the street.  While we were visting my house doctor arrived with the news that at their morning staff meeting, it was decided I can go home to the rectory, anytime now, not having to wait until this Friday.  I must secure persons to assist with connecting and disconnecting my daily antibiotic treatments.  Not only retired nurses, but anyone of my lay friends willing to assist me in this way, can be trained to do what is required.  So I  renew my request of my circle of friends, to consider helping me for the next few weeks, by volunteering to do this relatively simple procedure.  I am doing what I can by telephone to arrange with OLOL parishioners and staff, what it will take, and am hoping to go home tomorrow - on Wednesday if the necessary coverage can be nailed down.  In the doctor's words, "I am so strong physically, they are running out of things to do with me".  There is no real reason for me to stay any longer, so please God, my friends will be there for me come tomorrow and in the weeks ahead, to achieve my goal of returning to the rectory in timely fashion.  Msgr, Ed Kavanagh appeared with Victor Herrera, to visit me less than a half hour after Msgr. Bob Walton departed.  As this hospital / rehab stay draws to a close, I cannot but say my inner circle of friends has come through for me again with their visits, calls, cards, and e-mail messages.  That spurs my optimism to believe my latest request for home health care assistance will be responded to affirmatively..........With Confidence This Need Request Will Be Generously Answered,   Fr.  Troy

Please respond to volunteer by leaving a Comment here;
                                                                  Calling me at 453-4545; Room 178;
                                                                   Facebooking or E-Mailing me at  troypow@yahoo.com

Thank You My Dear And Beloved Family, Friends, Fellow Believers, Past And Present Parishioners,

...........Rev. Fr.  Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive