Thursday, July 7, 2011

FIRST NIGHT BACK IN THE RECTORY GOES WELL AS RAY RIEHLE TRAINS TO DO MY ANTIBIOTIC THERAPY...........

Ray Riehle was punctually present Wednesday evening for our 5 p.m. OLOL rectory appointment with the infision nurse, which due to a communication snafu started more than an hour late, as the nurse did not appear than after I had to track her down.  She was waiting for me to call her and the  Mercy Home Health Coordinator said nothing about my needing to contact the nurse, just that we had an appointment set for 5 p.m.  Despite other family commitments, Ray selflessly stayed to do the training, which he completed in a matter of minutes, in what the Irish say he did, "in one".  He then retrieved his son Joshua, and daughter Olivia, from their afternoon activities, and returned to disconnect me at the end of the seventy minute infusion treatment.  He will return this morning to do the next connect / disconnect help for me; and I am still in search of several other persons to assist me with this procedure.  I have a total of 47 home infusion treatments to receive through July 29th, both in the morning and in the evening, and Ray, and his son Ian, are not available to do all of them.  This Friday and Saturday night for openers, I will need someone else to provide me with this help.  So, I renew my appeal to all my circle of friends, to say yes to helping me once or more over the next three weeks with my antibiotic infusion therapy in the rectory.  Ray and I, will give you the training which is not complicated, and you can make an invaluable contribution to the betterment of my health.  Without this assistance I will either have to go back into a medical facility, or risk another infection that could be devastating.  I am confident those things will not happen, because my friends and support circle are so caring and responsive, not to see me and this need go unmet.  I am also recruiting my current OLOL parishioners, and those in the other parishes I have served previously to give me this necessary assistance.  Retired nurses and other laypersons alike, can do this procedure, if you have the avaiability and the desire to volunteer some of your time to my rehabilitation and convalescence.  Contact me right away, if you can, and are willing to volunteer for one or more of my twice daily treatments care.    I am standing by for this morning's treatment, but also concerned about who will be here to help me do my Friday and Saturday evening treatments for me this week.  Can You, Will You, Help Me ???????????...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive