Saturday, July 2, 2011

MY WALKING THERAPY HIGH TODAY : 60 FEET DISTANCE ACHIEVED AFTER A SECOND GAME OF BOCCI BALL...........

Roger and Karin Geach arrived for their latest to me in mid-morning with the treat of a snack, from 'Suzie Burger', at 29th & P Streets, downtown - a Philly CheeseSteak Sandwich.  It was fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!  As I was enjoying it and conversing with them, the physical therapist arrived to take me to the rehab gym.  I invited Karin and Roger to come along and observe, knowing we would have further time to chat, as all three of my therapy sessions today were group therapy exercises, so that we had ample time to converse between activities.  It was after a bocci ball game with three other patients; my red ball team defeated the black ball team, 6-0.....We played while standing (me with my walker) before we individually stood up and walked from our places in the gym and out into the hallway.  Earlier this week I had reached a distance of up to 25 feet.  This morning that more than doubled to 60 feet distance.....After lunch and an hou's rest, I wnt to the third therapy session of the day, a prevent falling seminar.  We were shown a video, and were asked questions while passing a medicine ball between us.  Returning to my room after another thorough three hours of therapy, I rested, blogged, e-mailed, facebooked, visited with Sister Kathleen Horgan, and had a Communion visit with Father John Healy.  My afternnon medications and the arrival of dinner, just after 6 pm, rounded out the day.  Being July 2nd, today is the 118th birthday anniversary of my grandfather Sidney Harris Powers; and ten months to the twenty anniversary of my priestly ordination...........Love + Prayers,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive