Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BACK HOME SWEET HOME.....AND A MORNING MERCY REHAB WALKING DISTANCE OF 150 FEET...........

Within the half hour I have arrived back to OLOL, after my three week hiatus at Mercy San Juan Medical Center, and Mercy General Hospital Rehabilitation Center.  It is great to be back at the church, and feeling so much stronger and healing sufficiently to resume gradually and gingerly, my priestly, pastoral, ministries.  Fr. Pius is being a very attentive help, with packing and unpacking my belongings, getting my newest prescriptions to the pharmacy, and helping me settle into my quarters in the rectory.  The Mercy Home Health Care nurse and Ray / and I an Riehle will be here at 5 pm, for the initial training, and I am hoping other vounteers may well also choose to attend.  I have not received any other contacts today volunteering to help with my at home antibiotic connecting and disconnecting assistance needed over the nex three weeks through July 29, which starting with tonight's infusion therapy treatment is 47 times I need to recruit my personal circle of friends, and past and present parishioners, to help me with.  After being up on my bed, in the wheelchair, and riding in the car, I am feeling fine, getting hungry, but not feeling depleted by three and a half hours of expending energy in a sitting up position.....Another very bright note with my physical therapy and progress, is the fact at the conclusion of my pt session this morning, I walked from the rehab, all the way down the hall to my bedside in Room 178, with my walker, and the therapist and wheelchair following behind me.  Thus in less than the past week I have gone from walking 25 feet, to 60 feet, to 100 feet, to 150 feet !!!!!!!!!!!, today.  As far as my standing at counter tops, the pt recommends that I wean myself from holding on to the countertop, and stand independently for several moments, when I can; say long to make a sandwich while standing.  I am excited, ecstatic, energized to be out of rehab, and returning to the very place I know I belong, @ Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda / Elverta / Robla / in this north area of Sacramento, as an active priest and working pastor of the Church...........Please Do What You Can To Help Me Successfully Heal, Recover, Proceed,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive