Sunday, July 17, 2011

A REST FILLED SUNDAY AFTERNOON AFTER A SICK CALL IN RIO LINDA...........

 After celebrating the 10:30 a.m. Mass, with the 5 Baptisms, number 884-888, on my baptismal hit parade, attending the Hospitality Sunday reception in honor of Fr. Pius' Birthday, and returning to the rectory, to have my lunch before laying my body down, after 7 hours of being up and in the wheelchair, which included a 100 foot walkabout the rectory, with my walker, and Ray Riehle walking behind me with the wheelchair; a phone call came from the Pennington Family in Rio Linda, informing me their husband and father, Jack Sr., who has cancer, had taken a turn for the worse.  Patty and Jack, who for the past nine months are now the Parish Bookkeeper and Computer Technician, came to the church to drive me out to their home to pastorally visit their father and celebrate the Sacraments of Anointing of the Sick and Dying, Reconciliation, and Eucharist.  Returned to the rectory by 3 p.m., I took my afternoon nap and then chatted with my Facebook friends until dinner.  Within the hour, Paul Friedrich, will be here to connect and disconnect me from my antibiotic infusion therapy, home health treatment # 24 of 47.  This afternoon I also called and left a detailed reminder message for Dr. Cookson's assistant regarding getting my home health physical therapy.  This eleven day lay-off because complications with the nursing agency setting it up, is delaying reactivating the pt.  It will resume this week, as I have decided either I assured by home health nursing, that there will be two pt sessions before the weekend, or I return to my twice weekly pt sessions at Swanson-McArthur Physical Therapy on Madison Avenue and Van Maren Lane.  Quinn McArthur, my pt, is a magnificent professional man, with great skills and a very congenial personality.  The necessity of arranging transportation, versus having the therapists for whom I qualify presently, to come to me in the church rectory, is the only reason I would delay returning to Quinn.   Many of my South Sacramento friends and former parishioners stand ready to drive me to my medical appointments.  However, it is unfair that they should drive 15 miles or more to OLOL, to take me to appointments in downtown Sacramento, or Roseville.  Their volunteer round trip driving of me to these appointments is 45-60 miles  total; whereas if my present and past, parishioners, or personal friends in the northeast Sacramento  volunteer to drive me to these very same appointments, the distance per appointment, they would drive is 15-40 miles.  Thus the South Sacramentans 2/3 further by being my volunteer drivers on the northeastern side of Sacramento and Placer Counties.  Now were the appointments reversed, and be in South Sacramento, or Elk Grove, I would look much more to my friends and parishioners down thereto be my primary appointment drivers.  My parents ingrained in me and my siblings that we take no one, or what they do for us, for granted.  Afew dollars for gasoline, or as soon as I get my car battery recharged and running, use of my car to get to these medical and therapeutic appointments.  The alternative, taxi rides, even though I have an outstanding and personally attending,  taxi man and his family providing them when I must take a taxi, who operate from this 95838 zip code, is an expensive way to travel to appointments ten to fifteen miles fron the OLOL rectory.  Praising God For The Blessings Of Life, Faith, Hope, Love, Vocation, Salvation, And The Will To Push Forward,   Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive