Thursday, July 7, 2011

FIRST MORNING BACK IN THE RECTORY BUSY ENOUGH...........

My first morning back in the rectory has been a busy enough one.  Phones and doorbells have been ringing, before, during, and after, my a.m. infusion therapy.  Ray Riehle connected me at about 8:45 am, and disconnected me just after 10 a.m.  He will be back tonight at 8:30 p.m., to provide my evening treatment, and he will also be training four more volunteers, present and past parishioners of mine, who have volunteered.  I am extremely grateful to Erika Ransom, Paul Friedrich, Patty and Jack Pennington, for agreeing to be a part of my volunteer therapy team, over the next three weeks.  Along with Ray and Ian Riehle, I am sure these stellar volunteers, and others of you I am all but sure, will answer my request and not let me down, will faciliate and simplify meeting the twice daily infusion therapy treatments I am required to undergo until July 29th.  I sat up in my wheelchair from 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.; and for the past two hours sitting on my bed while blogging, e-mailing, and answering the phones, and will now take my afternoon nap, after lunch.  Esperanza's wonderful dinner / lunch prepared for me last night and this afternoon, is a pot of her homemade Albondigas soup, with tortillas.  Having taken my daytime pain reliever dose, my back pain is staying at bay, and will help me nap well  More Soon...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive