Saturday, July 2, 2011

BOCCE BALL, THERAPY DOGS, UPPER BODY EXERCISES, COMPRISE OT SESSION # 1...........

After my first hour of antibiotic injection therapy ended at 10 am, I wheeled down to the rehab gym, to join two other patients and a therapist for my first ot session of the day.  I am not athletic, as a result of contending with my lifelong, left side, disability and school imposed p.e. rest, as a child.  However, today I learned to play an adapted form of bocce ball.  Surprisingly, I scored the greatest number of points, once I joined the game.  Beginners Luck ?  Or is it that my coordination is improving as a result of ongoing physical therapy ?  Just as the group was about to change to bowling, three women arrived with their, "therapy dogs", who were decked out in red, white, and blue, decorations.  And after several minutes of playing fetch with the three dogs, I completed the session by doing upper body strengthening exercises with barbells, and a therapy pole.  I am in my rest period, until my next pt group, forty five minutes from now.  Called, "gate group therapy", it is standing and walking therapy, done in tandem...........More Later,   Fr.  Troy

1 comment:

bocci ball set said...

I’m impressed!! Really informative blog post here my friend I just wanted to comment & say keep up the quality work. I’ve bookmarked your blog just now and I’ll be back to read more in the future my friend! Also nice colors on the layout, it’s really easy on the eyes.

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive