Friday, July 8, 2011

TAKING THINGS AS THEY COME - BACK @ THE PARISH...........

One week into the new Fiscal Year, the third day has been added back to parish office hours part time, so that Frances Hood is here today from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., and is working fifteen hours a week, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.  My rest period and afternoon nap after lunch, has me energized to resume, although having taken my pain reliever as prescribed just now, I am likely to be very relaxed as well as pain free, for the next few hours.  I am experiencing no leg / stump pain today, only lower back pain, a reminder three weeks after back surgery and the healing that is occurring, it will take appreciable months, as many as 8 - 9 months, for my back and spinal chord to be fully healed, according to my discharging nurse.  Tomorrow I will conduct the monthly Baptismal Instructions for Parents and Godparents in the Green Room of the rectory, and will celebrate the 10:30 a.m. Mass Sunday morning.  It is great to be back, and to gradually resume a schedule of parish activities, even as I seek further volunteers to help me...........Peace + Prayers,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive