Wednesday, July 6, 2011

MY EXPECTED DISCHARGE DAY BEGINS ACTIVELY AND ANIMATEDLY...........

I am happy to report that I have my first two home health care volunteer helpers for my antibiotic treatments back in the OLOL rectory through the end of July.  Ian and Ray Riehle, my longtime, loyal friends from my years as a priest in Citrus Heights and Folsom, and whose friendship has endured productively over the past twenty four years, have agreed to help me.  Mercy Rehab Home Health will train them to train other volunteers to complete the process of connecting and disconnecting my twice daily, antibiotic regimen between now and July 29th.  Therefore, I still stand in need of up to six more volunteers, willing to assist me in this way.  Contact me right away, if you can, and are willing to provide for this need.  My 7 a.m. ot session, consisted of washing up at the sink and shaving myself; and doing a half hour of upper body and walking therapies.  My 9 a.m. pt session included practicing car transfers from wheelchair to vehicle and reverse, out in the Mercy garage.  Then it was back to the rehab gym for more standing, and walking exercises.  One of the Home Health coordinators appeared at the end of my pt and discussed discharge and training of infusion volunteers with me.  We ended up having a rather animated conversation, as she indicated accomplishing discharge requirements might not happen today.  I firmly insisted it will and just now she returned to report all matters are moving forward, leaving only deciding the doctor who will oversee the home health antibiotics and havoing the house doctor appeasr to write the discharge orders.....I am doing my first antiobiotic infusion therapy for today, as I lay here in my rehab bed, blogging, and watching Andrea Mitchell Reports on MSNBC.  Tongue in cheek, I can hear the modified lyrics of Englebert Humperdinck's classic, 1960's song,  "Please Release Let Me Go, Cuz I Don't Need To Be Here Anymore".....More Later As My Going Home To The Rectory Day Unfolds,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive