Tuesday, July 12, 2011

STANDING BY TO WATCH THE COVERAGE OF BETTY FORD'S CALIFORNIA FUNERAL SERVICE...........

 My morning antibiotic treatment completed with newly trained parishioner, Larry Wager, successfully connecting and disconnecting me, I am having my breakfast and taking my morning medications and insulin; as I do some parish paperwork, set my treatment schedule volunteers for this week, and await the arrival of the Parish Secretary Frances Hood, at the top of the hour.  I am also standing by to watch the live coverage of the California Funeral Service for former First Lady of the United States, (FLOTUS) 'Elizabeth' Betty Ford.  As with all such special events, I have an inner inclination that requires viewing the occasion Live, no matter how many times, I may view videotaped coverage afterwards.  As I convalesce and continue with my prostheses therapy, I have increased ability to schedule my responsibilities around the live coverage of this event.  I am also working the phone, arranging the days and times my antibiotic volunteers will come this week to do the connecting and disconnecting it with me.  CNN has just had an exciting story about the breakthrough research of a Dr. Stephen Hicks, at Oxford University, who is developing a computerized, "Bionic Glass" eyeglasses for persons who are legally blind.  I will definitely share this information with my dear friend, Curtis Richards, who I will be seeing this week...........Fr.  Troy

P.S.  1:28 p.m.  I have just heard on CNN, that the Betty Ford Funeral Service in California begins at 2 p.m. Pacific Time...........During my afternoon rest period / nap. !!  Good news, after the Sunday Bulletin is done.....

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive