Thursday, June 30, 2011

JUNE CONCLUDES WITH AN AMPLE WORK-OUT OF OCCUPATIONAL AND PHYSICAL THERAPY SESSIONS...........

My first blood draw, taken by my night shift nurse came at 5:15 am, for some unexplained reason, waking me from solid sleep, and then after dozing off back into sound sleep, for the final hour and a half, before the first OT session started at 7 am, to be woken up by the nurse at 5:40 am, to have her check my back; causing me to move out of a comfortable sleeping positturning my ban inducing, re=positioning.  One of the mysteries of hospitalizations : why such procedures cannot wait less than an ninety minutes more, to be carried out, or checked.  Today's first OT appeared in my door, at the stroke of 7 am - anbd began discussing current goals and the therapy for today even animatedly; while I summoned the energy and ability to lift my body from the bed and into the wheelchair properly wthout twisting or turning my back the wrong way, as I moved it.  After practicing pivoting transfers in my prostheses from the wheelchair, up, and onto the commode / toilet.  Then after washing up, I went to the dining room for breakfast, and saw the in house doctor overseeing rehab, before heading down to the gym for pt session #1.  Besides extensive standing practice with the walker from and into, the wheelchair.  We did laying down practicing, logrolling onto my sides, positioning my legs, back, and arms in the right positions, while contending with the five to seven pounds weight of the prostheses, which still feels heavier, and is taking ongoing effort to negotiate the movement of, especially in bed.  I walked more than 20 feet, and as much as 30 feet, during my two pt therapy sessions this morning.  Food, glorious Food.  Lunch was breast of turkey, and dinner was barbequed short ribs.  Msgr. Ed Kavanagh came to visit me again today; Karin Geach's daily greeting card arrived in the mail; and Roger Geach called just before dinner.  The Parish Secretary, Frances Hood, telephoned also; and will be bringing the parish mail to me this evening.  My latest pain reliever is helping keep my pain in the comfort zone, and as I get increasingly comfortable, I can feel another restful night's sleep forming, thank goodness, heading into the 4th of July weekend of rehab and therapy...........All My Best,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive