Friday, June 10, 2011

PUTTING THE FINISHING TOUCHES TO THE, 'STATE OF THE PARISH' ADDRESS...........

Since first becoming Pastor of St. Joseph's Parish, in Yreka, Siskiyou County, California, during Lent 1993, I have delivered an annual, 'State of the Parish' Address, on the parish feast days in Yreka, Oroville, Citrus Heights.  Now, this weekend, I will deliver  the 1st annual 'State of the Parish' Address, to the Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda / Elverta / Robla / areas of Sacramento, from the pulpit of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish.  This first annual SOTP Adresss here at OLOL, had to be postponed on February 11, our Parish Feast Day, due to my hospitalization and rehabilitation, following my amputation.  Pentecost Sunday, the closing day of the Easter Season, and the celebration of the Holy Spirit's Coming Upon the Disciples of the Risen and Ascended Christ, is an ideal replacement date, as I address current conditions, share my pastoral vision for this community of believers, and propose goals and priorities, for the coming year to renew, and reinvigorate,the membership  and ministry of OLOL.  After four and a half months of drating it from my rehabilitation beds at Sutter Roseville, and Mercy General, to my convalescence and therapy period back in the OLOL rectory, I am crafting the final copy I will deliver Saturday night and Sunday morning.  As the one dozen SOTP Addresses I have given to date have gone, this one will meet, and match the others, and the Goals I will be proposing will serve the betterment and common good of OLOL Parish here and now;  at a real crossroads in our history...........Come, Holy Spirit, Come, With All The Gifts And Fruits You Bring,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive