Monday, June 27, 2011

A DEEPLY RESTFUL NIGHT SPRINGS INTO A FULL RiGHT LEG / STUB PAIN, THAT THE PAIN RELIEVER IS SLOW TO TAKE DOWN...........

I had my most solid night of sleep last night, in the past two weeks, after my night owl self, gave up the ghost, at 2 am; that I slept 4.5 hours - before awakening to my recurring lower right back spinal cord pain.  I call buttoned for my pain reliever, which I mysteriously never received the first time I requested it.  Relaxing and redirecting the pain by 8 am, I got up and dressed with a LVN's assistance, put on my temporary prostheses, and wheelchaired to the dining room for breakfast.  I met with another of my Mercy Rehab doctors during breakfast, returning to my room for the rest of my morning meds, then my first pt session for today.  Back in my room, the LVN was waiting to give me a shower.  By doing so, we broke Dr. Cookson and McMonagle's 'golden rule', about adapting and resting between activities.  By the time I lasid down in my bed at 10:20 am, awaiting a 11 am pt session, my back / spinal chord pain flared up intensely, that it took more pain reliever to level if off.  We delayed the pt by thirty minutes and then limited it to completing the therapy exercises bedside.   I am back to a tolerable 2.5 pain level on a one to ten scale, am waiting on lunch, and will have two more pt sessions this afternoon.  Patrick and Kellie Geach Moran came to see me during the Noon hour, an enjoyable half hour of checking in, and catching up.  Achieving a balance of medications, therapy, rest, and forward progress, keeping a positive and productive outlook, are key to the healing process.  I watched some of the 12 noon Monday Mass from the Mercy Chapel, outside my Rehab room.  Reverend Father John Healy popped by afterwards and said he will back to see me later.  Deacon William Riehle, from Sacred Heart Church, was the Lector at today's Mass.  My stomach is reminding me, lunch is twenty minutes or less, from arriving; and I am ready for it...........Peace, Prayers, Prosperity,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive