Thursday, June 2, 2011

I AM WEARING MY NEW TEMPORARY PROSTHESES, A DAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE...........

Anchor called this morning asking to move my prostheses placemen yp to this afternoon at 2 pm.  Clint Jonutz, my prosthesist, had me place my stump into the upper portion of the prosthetic device and it fit securely, with no looseness, nor any pressure.  About a half hour later he returned with the rod and artificial foot, attached and a new pair of size 12 diabetic shoes.  He placed the prostheses into my right shoe, and then had me stand up with the use of the parallel bars.  There was no pain in the foot area, and only minimal presence at the right bottom of the stump, where Clint says I am still irregularly sized and need to taper down, and which only be achieved by standing and walking, to redirect the blood flow and push the water retention out.   I am to gradually wear and srand with my prostheses for the next three and a half days.  For one hour at a time today, two hours tommorrow, three hours at a time Saturday, and 4 hours at a time on Sunday.  I am scheduled to see Clint forv a follow-up appointment on Monday morning at 11 am, to see what changes may need to be made in the socket, as mu standing and even slight walking, begin to push the water ot and redirects the blood flow in my right leg.  To further instruct and provide insight into putting on and wearing a right foot, below the knee, prostheses, I have posted 2 YouTube videos on my Facebook page, to help others understand the next experience.  On this 131st day since my amputation, I give thanks and praise to God, for life, healing, and grace; the experience and skiills of my surgeon,  Dr. Cookson; - and nurses, therapists, and prosthesists, who have helped me rach this pivotal point in my ability proceed productively and successfully, standing and walking again in the weeks.  I also express my gratitude to all my family, friends, priestly colleagues, present and past parishioners, and blog followers, for your care, concern, prayers, presence, solidarity, and support during the past four a half month.  This experience is not over, but transitions to the next plateau of prostheses therapy, as I learn to stand and walk with my temporary protheses..........In Hopeful Expectation For Continuing Progress, Praise The Lord, Alleulia !!! Amen !!!,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive