Friday, June 3, 2011

OUR PASCHAL SEASON COUNTDOWN TO THE COMING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...........

 On this first Friday of June, as OLOL prepares for our Parish Festival on Sunday, and for the good weather to maximize its profitability, indispensable supplemental income to the economically challenged parish budget we are perennially faced with, we celebrate the Memorial of St. Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs, as we continue the countdown to the culmination of Easter : the Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.  Steven Sandoval, my OLOL parishioner is my driver today to physical therapy with Quinn McArthur, at 1:30 pm.  It will be very interesting to see the further paces he puts me through, with my temporary prostheses on.  We talked about it the other day and decided I should give my prostheses a name to balance calling my opposite side, "Lefty".  Quinn suggested it be an Irish name, say an O' etc.  After tinkering a few moments, I struck upon, "O'Pro", will introduce it to Quinn and his staff, as thus today.  So when you hear me refer to, O'Pro, you will now know that it is my personal abbreviation and reference to my right foot, below the knee, prostheses, "O'Pro".  More Later, as I prepare to take off my prostheses at the two hour interval required today...........
                                                                                                            Fr. Troy David 'Prostheses' Powers

p.s. -  I have decided to refer to my prostheses as, "O'Pro", not just as an Irish name, but for what it actually is, an Orthopedic Prostheses...........fr.tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive