Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MEMORIALIZING ST. JUSTIN, MARTYR.....ON THIS "JACK BENNY", DAY OF THE PASCHAL SEASON...........

St. Justin Martyr, was a second century of Christian convert to the Catholic Church, from paganism.  He became a greater defender of the Faith, writing extensively and publicly debating others.  He was put to death for being a loyal Believer under Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius.  This is what I refer to as, the Jack Benny day of Easter, as it is the thirty ninth day of the Paschal Season.  Comedian Benny, claimed to be no older than 39 years old, even though he lived to be a more than double, eighty years old.  Wednesday, my weekly day off, will be a day of rest and relaxation, after I celebrate the 8 am Mass.  I will be having lunch with Ian Riehle, and then heading to Swanson-McArthur Physical Therapy, for my mid week pt session.  My excitement as the countdown to my prostheses on Friday morning at 11 am zeroes in and return to standing and walking again begins, is increasing by the hour...........Peace + Prayers In The Promise Of The Eternal Easter,   Fr.  Troy  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive