Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CONNECTING WITH FATHER OLIVER BY TELEPHONE AFTER TWELVE DAYS OF TRYING...........

Since my return to hospital rehab on June 15, I have been trying to make telephone contact with my Kilkenny classmate and colleague, Reverend Father Oliver Maher.  Problems with my cell phone and inability to call other than locally on the hospital room phones, left me scrambling to reach him verbally.  I was able over the weekend to make e-mail contact with him, and then Monday to talk with him by phone.  He had been trying to reach me as well, not only for our regular check in, but with developing news himself.  Effective Ocober 16, 2011, after eleven years as ADM of St. Mary's Cathedral, in Kilkenny, and two additional years as Parochial Vicar, he is being transferred and being appointed Parish Priest of Urlingford, County, Kilkenny.  It is a parish quite familiar to both of us, as it is a scant, nine milies from Oliver's hometown of Freshford, and just eighteen miles from Kilkenny City.   It is also the hometown of Msgr. Ed Kavanagh's Family, where he was born, and the J.J. Kavanagh and Sons, Bus Transport Company, was founded in 1919.  It is a place I have spent innumerable hours in, over the past thirty years - and will be a very good, next pastoral, priestly, assignment for Fr. Oliver.  I am excited for him and look forward to sharing his Urlingford P.P. experience with him...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive