Wednesday, June 29, 2011

QUITE THE TUESDAY WORK-OUT, AND AN EARLY NIGHT'S SLEEP, BRINGS AN EARLY RISE FOR NIGHT OWL ME ON THIS WEDNESDAY MORNING...........

The thoroughness of my Tuesday therapy sessions, had me asleep before 10 pm last night, awake at 2:30 am, and ready for sleep again at 4 am.  It gave me a chance for a quality 3 am viewing of the first hour, of MSNBC's, "Morning Joe".  I also awoke fresh at 6:35 am, to share this morning's blog column. My OT started moments later, a shower with the therapist observing for openers, followed by dressing for the day, and then my first of two pt sessions today, before breakfast; and in mid to late morning,- and as tired out as I am, left sitting up for 40 minutes now, in readiness to go to the dining room for lunch..........A sudden change in plans, as a therapy rescheduled on me with my being informed, cropped up, just as I was preparing to wheelchair down to the dining room for lunch.  I made my views clearly known, as for the past four days, schedule changes without notifying me, or add on sessions, after I'm told I am finished for the day, have repetiously occurred.  I reluctantly went and did the therapy seesion, but made it clear how unprofessional shoddy scheduling is, and that it is unacceptable, especially of the high standard of healthcare that is Mercy Hospitals forte.  "God is Good", as my delayed luch was one of my beefy favorities, Pot Roast, with pasta, broccoli, and garden salad.  I passed on the cheescake, and savored my milk and coffee.  I am back in my room, and laying down resting my body and especially my back.  I am waiting for my afternoon pain reliever, after two thorough standing and walking therapy workouts.  I am guessing it may well be another early night, given the tiredness I am feeling for the second day in a row.  Today, the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul, is the 33rd Anniversary of Bishop Emertus Francis Anthony Quinn's Episcopal Ordination, on June 29, 1978.  Two weeks ago today, June 15th, Bishop Quinn celebrated his 65th Anniversary of Ordination to the Priesthood.  Both occurred in San Francisco.  His priestly ordination in Old St. Mary's Cathedral; his episcopal ordination, in the new and current, St. Mary's Cathedral.  Today, is also the 46th Birthday of my Letterkenny / Kilkenny classmate, Paul McDaid...........Peace + Prayers In Peter & Paul, Apostles,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive