Friday, June 10, 2011

THE FIRST CHANGE OUT OF MY TEMPORARY PROSTHESES SETTINGS AND WORKING OUT THE LOWER LEFT BACK / HIP PAIN CAUSED BY THE THERAPEUTIC STANDING, WALKING, AND PIVOTING THIS WEEK...........

Clint Jonnutz, my prosthesist, at Anchor Prosthetics, on Watt Avenue and Auburn Boulevard, had my first change of socket anbd prosthetic leg and foot for me today, which will require that I wear fwer layers of socks, to keep my stump and leg firmly in the prostheses, to more comfortably stand, pivot, and begin walking on.  Taking it off at the nine hour mark this afternoon, I wore it from 12:15 pm - 4:45 pm, without any socks, but only the prosthetic liner, and it fit and functioned firmly, much more so than it was this morning until Clint's afjustment.  My stump is continuing to shrink down, and the presence of pain while wearing it is all but disappeared.  Meanwhile, the result of the first week of standing, pivotingm and wakjing with the prostheses, in my lower left back, hip, and leg, was thew most intense so far, overnight, this morning, and until after completing my physical therapy today withQuinn McArthur and his assistant, at Swanson-McArthur Physical Therapy Center, on Madison Avenue and Van Maren Lane.  Even the ride to my two appointments this afternoon, in the cushioned comfort of the taxi van seat, were all but, intolerable, the left back and leg pain was that substantial.  My pt today today consisted only of the ultra sound, manual joint massage, and an electric charge therapy.  The pt seems to be working tonight, as a ninety minute nap upon my return and my afternoon dose of pain reliever, has leveled it off significantly, almost to normal.  After the evening news, and dinner, I will finish my preparation of the, 'State of the Parish' Address, and begin my verbal / vocal rehearsing of it tonight anbd tomorrow afternoon..........That's my UpDate to this hour,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive