Friday, September 2, 2011

YESTERDAY MARKED A YEAR SINCE BELOVED BRAD DAHLBERG PASSED TO ETERNITY...........

One year ago yesterday, one week into the eighteen day vacation Msgr. Kavanagh and yours truly took together, I received a comment on my blog from Chad Buechel, a South Sacramentan, who in his youth, I had trained and coordinated as an altar server at St. Rose's Church, indicating that his fellow altar server, classmate, and friend, Brad Dahlberg, had died, after a ten year struggle with brain cancer.  Chad and Brad were one of the special teams of servers I had the privilege to train and oversee as the parish youth minister.  Both sets of their parents, who were St. Rose parishioners along with me, also became very good friends of mine.  So the sorrow Chad and countless others in South Sacramento, were experiencing, was also evident across the miles in Ireland, by both myself, and Msgr. Kavanagh.  Brad's wonderful parents Irene and Ted Dahlberg, graciously scheduled Brad's Funeral Memorial Mass, after Msgr. and I returned, so that we could concelebrate it.  Yesterday, I was thinking and praying for Brad and the Dahlberg Family, as I was kept busy all day with parish ministry and administration.  What I remember and savor most are the indelible marks, of kindness, sweetness, courage, and perserverance, they have shown me and their circle of family and friends, now and through the years, which has been, and is, exemplary.  In coming days I will schedule a first anniversary of remembrance Mass Intention for Brad's soul, and the consolation of his parents, and loved ones. Brad, my thoughts, prayers, and lasting love and admiration are with you, until the day all of us are reunited in God's Eternal Embrace...........Shine On In The Light Of Everlasting Love Brad,  Alleluia !!!  Amen !!!   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive