Friday, September 30, 2011

VISIT FROM ANOTHER HOME HEALTH NURSE PREPARING FOR THE RE-START OF ANTIBIOTIC INFUSION THERAPY. AN INSPECTION APPOINTMENT WITH THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OVERSEER AND A PHYSICAL THERAPY SESSION...........

My home health nurse Susan Boyle, is away today and the nurse coming in her place this afternoon is questioning whether I qualify for home health nursing, because I have resumed my physical therapy sessions twice weekly with Quinn McArthur, at Swanson-McArthur PT, as of a month ago, when the seven home health therapy I was told I was eligible for ended.  I signed out of home health physical therapy at the end of my seventh session in the rectory, and re-activated with Quinn, at his Madison Avenue -Van Maren Lane location, so there is no double insurance payment, occurring so I am perplexed by why this is any potential problem.  I cannot physically delay my continuation of thorough pt appointments, if I am to resume standing and walking with my prostheses in a relatively short period of time.  If I had not returned to working with Quinn, after my return from my Mayo Clinic Arizona, post kidney transplant evalulation, it is now fifty days since I would have had any physical therapy.  Furthermore, I very much continuing solely with Quinn McArthur, as it is wholistic physical therapy with therapeutic equipment, as well as the standing and walking exercises necessary, in my 60 minute work-outs; whereas the seven home health pt sessions I received were more informationally driven and minimal physical therapy in 50 minute incremeents.  As a result of a mistake by the nursing agency upon my return to the rectory in early July, my home health therapy was delayed unnecessarily for fifteen days, thus setting back the progress I had made in rehab.  Now, I face a further possible disruption, due to this bureaucratic question indicating a lack of understanding on the agency's part.  I will not let my physical therapy with Quinn McArthur and the sure prigress to standing and walking full-time with my prostheses stalled any longer.  If for some twisted reason it causes me to lose my home health nurse once a week, I will have to add another weekly appointment outside the rectory to see a nurse at either Mercy or Sutter.  Simple things made difficult based on a projected expectation versus reality.  There is no double dipping going on, just my personal expectation in regards to my health, to get the best medical treatment, at the best cost, so as to be healed and push forward into my continuing priestly ministry ...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive