Thursday, September 22, 2011

WITH OLOL'S RELIGIOUS EDUCATION / FAITH FORMATION UNDERWAY FOR THEIR SECOND WEEK, I VISIT THE 8TH GRADE CONFIRMATION CLASS TONIGHT...........

Sister Felicity Brusadelli, and I, again this morning to discuss Parish Religious Education ministry matters, and the 8th Grade Confirmation Class.  Sister Lisa Doty, our newest Canossian arrival this spring, will be the Confirmation Class teacher this year.  There are 8 students enrolled, with the hope for more.  I will be visiting with them tonight, for a brief, start of the year meet and greet, session.  I have done that, not only as a priest for nearly twenty five years, but going back to 1976, when as a college student, I began catechesizing Confirmation students, co-teaching tghem with Msgr. Edward J. Kavanagh, at St. Rose's CCD, in South Sacramento.  One of the features of my pastoral ministry, priestly ministry, through the years, is provide all parish students over the years with the opportunity to interact, about what they are thinking or wondering about.  I title it, "Ask Father Troy" ?   It allows us to break the ice, and to hear from them, by addressing the very questions they have about Faith and Life.  I will offer them that renewed opportunity tonight, with the hope our dialogue can begin and proceed, as priest and people, pastor and parishioners, on the journey of faith together...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive