Wednesday, September 28, 2011

MY ANTIBIOTIC PORT INFUSION VASCULAR SURGERY GOES WELL AND SEDATION KEEPS ME AT REST FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY...........

Bill Shepherd was his punctual self and we departed OLOL rectory just a quarter to nine o'clock this morning for the Roseville Radiological Center at 1640 East Roseville Parkway, and my 9:30 a.m. check in for my 10 a.m., port implant procedure.  The nursing staff assisting Dr. Larry Cardoza, who did the procedure very proficiently prepped me and we were underway in very timely fashion.  The residual pain from the osteomylitis infection in my lower left back and buttocks area and in my right back from the lamehectomy, on the gurney and the transfer necessary for the procedure was present enough to be preoccupying, until the local anesthesia was administered and fully relaxed me and alleviated it.  The fifteen minutes passed quickly and I was placed in the observation bay for an hour, and napped.  Then given my discharge instructions and having follow-up directions explained by the nurse, she told me they would phone a prescription for Norco pain reliever to Walgreen's on El Camino Avenue and Del Paso Boulevard, called Bill in and discharged me. We picked the prescription up on the way back to the rectory and upon my return, I took my morning and afternoon meds, drank a substantial amount of water, and did as instructed and laid down for the rest of the afternoon.  Arising for dinner, watched some of the evening news and continued resting.  Dr. Martin's medical assistant called to confirm that the port has been place, and I will hear, if not see my home health care nurse Susan tomorrow and arrange delivery of the Vancomyecin.  Susan will connect and disconnect the first few treatments, and other volunteers of mine will observe and see how to make the port connection and disconnection.  Forward to completing this antibiotic infusion therapy, eliminating the remaining pain, and earnestly move forward in beginning to walk with my prosthesis and orthopedic cane...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive