Monday, February 28, 2011

MY MORNING APPOINTMENT WITH DR. BHAT WAS AN EYE OPENING, CONFIRMING, VERIFICATION OF WHY I AM BEST OFF HERE @MGHRCCC...........

My latest appointment with Dr. Ardarsh Bhat, my nephrologist this morning, was was revealing of why I did not belong in the transitional nursing rehab facility I spent nine days in between my discharge from Sutter Roseville Acute Rehabilitation Institute and my admission into Mercy General Rehabilitation Continuing Care Center. If all the previous indignities, mishaps, and outright mistakes, I experienced in the inferior, inbetween facility,including the potentially serious nature of my last Thursday night's incident were not enough; to discover today from Dr. Bhat's immediate discovery in the paperwork they faxed him, that lacking on my medications list,was the absence of one of my most vital drugs, Prograf - one of the essential anti rejection drugs I take twice daily to perserve my kidney transplant and avoid rejection. The Prograf was not being administered to me at all, during those nine days and six hours. So, on two medical fronts due to their failure, I could be in very serious straits as I rehab from my right foot amputation. How the mistake was made and what affect it may have on my transplant, we hopefully will learn soon. Dr. Bhat ordered an additional blood ab this week to monitor my condition. The Mercy Rehab doctor directed the nursing staff to restore my Prograf medication, and please God, everything will be all right with my kidney transplant. I am nearing the completion of today's Vanko antibiotic infusion; I had a very nice Asian Chicken, noodles, broccoli, and fortume cookie lunch; and am standing by to see my physical therapist for this afternoon's second session today. My thanks to Michael Franzwa, for driving to my appointment with Dr. Bhat this morning,to Joe McNamara, for coming to visit me on his lunch hour this afternoon, and to Joe Gibson on the phone, for his friendship and wisdom....Roger Geach and Joe Gibson, each came to see me for hourlong visits this afternoon and evening and Father Oliver phoned from Kilkenny. My Continuing Gratitude To Dr. Bhat And All My Loving Circle Of Friends, fr.tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive