Monday, February 28, 2011

MY THIRD OF THREE DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS IN FIVE DAYS THIS MORNING IS WITH DR. BHAT .....ATTENTION POTENTIAL OVERNIGHT CAREGIVER VOLUNTEERS !!!!!...........

Having had my first after amputation follow-up appointments with Dr. Cookson, last Wednesday, and Dr. Kaliyan, last Friday, this morning I am scheduled to see Dr. Bhat, my Kidney Doctor, at 10:30 a.m., in his office at Sunrise and Douglas, in Roseville. I am awake early, but unless my physical therapy morning session is scheduled by 9 a.m., I will be doing both of them in the afternoon. As February concludes and my Rehabilitation stay comers into ints closing two and a half weeks, I must begin firming up overnighbt caregivers who can give a night or two to me, to stay with me in Our Lady of Lourdes Rectory starting Saturday March 19. My adult male friends, fraternity brothers, and parishioners, present and past, age 18, and above, who are capable if necessary to asssist me out of bed during the night into my wheelchair and help me out out of the rectory, or contact my doctors in an emergency; who can give me my necessary medications at bedtime and in the morning; and provide assure I have my night snack before bed, and are available between 7 p.m. - 7 a.m., please call me, at 916-732-9675, in my room here at Mercy General Rebab, Room 264, as soon as possible. Every night from March 19 -22; and April 1-20; are currently open to be covered. My Irish priestly colleague friend, Father Oliver Maher, will be with me as my visiting caregiver the nights of March 23 - 31. As this will be the next necessary required step in my rehabilitation and convalescensce, I am very confident coverage for the two dozen nights needing to be scheduled with volunteer caregivers will happen. Thank you for the care, concern, support, and solidarity, so many of you are showing in my current circumstances, as I strive to successfully resume my pastoral, priestly, responsibilities and the prostheses I will be receiving on my right foot and leg, hopefully before Easter. Love And Prayers For Your Generosity, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive