Saturday, February 5, 2011

AFTER A CONSECUTIVE 8 DAYS, AND FOUR DOZEN THERAPY SESSIONS, I GET SATURDAY OFF...........

When one of my overnight nurses came into my room at 6:30 am to help me dress for the day, he informed me I have no therapy sessions scheduled today, after eight consecutive days of some four dozen Physical, Occupational, and Recreational Therapy sessions, when the normal is five days therapy and one often times, two days off. I survived and succeeded in completing the full and work-out of the first eight days, making progress, slowly but surely, as I practiced and completed the therapy sessions; and am confident I will continue to steadily progress and succeed. My projected discharge date from Rehab is still next Thursday, February 10, given I am able to arrange for caregivers to assist / observe my transfer board moves from bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to car, etc.; and to be with me overnight for the immediate convalescensce period ahead. My pre-breakfast blood sugar this morning was only 73, in the normal range; and yet my breakfast was relatively light, so that my nurse tells to indicate my desire for a snack before lunch, to keep my blood sugar stable. Ilook forward to doing Recreational Therapy, at my own pace today - blogging, e-mailing, facebooking, telephoning, ad welcoming visitors. I am also following the Eyptian Crisis updates on CNN. Waiting to eagerly see who my first weekend visitor is today, on this restful, recreational, Saturday...........More Later, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive