Friday, February 4, 2011

A FULL FRIDAY OF TRANSFER BOARD THERAPIES IN 6 APPOINTMENTS...........

Today started with dressing at 6 am, with 7 scheduled therapy appointments between 8:30 am - 5 pm, with only a few short breaks. All but the 7th Recreational Therapy, RT - were focused on transfer board transfers from bed to chair; chair to mat; mat back to chair; and chair / to commode and shower chair and return. It was a full and thoroughly wor-out Sunday. Roger & Karin came to visit in mid morning with several more pairs of the shorts and shirts that work so well in working my transfers on the board, and their visit was simultaneous with that of an OLOL Parishioner. The Tongan Coordinator from OLOL brought their Coordinating Priest, who is in Sacramento this weekend, to meet and visit with me, just before lunch. Resting in bed a short time until well after lunch, I then got up to complete my afternoon therapies, to the point of returning back pain; as although the abcess in my back and infection are gone, the pain is deeply engrained in my back muscle. Resting and pain reliever keeps it under control. My left arm after two plus days of throbbing pain, toned down greatly today, as since Wednesday afternoon, I have not been using it on my left wheelchair wheel. Again that will have to be developed and trained slowly, as all my physical exercise and exertion has to be. The last word from my final therapist this afternoon, is that next week we will be working on having me stand independently on my left foot for more than a few seconds, which is not yet ready to happen. As I believe, all things in time, after much training and practice on my part as well as Rehabilitation / Convalescent assistance. I am blogging after dinner, as the 7 pm hour unfolds, will return to my bed, to stave off more severe back pain, rest, watch the news of the day on CNN...........Continuing To Make Progress, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive