Wednesday, February 9, 2011

TODAY'S THERAPY SESSIONS ARE MORE SPACED OUT ON THE SCHEDULE FROM 8:30 AM - 4 PM.....THEN AFTER THE 8:30 SESSION TOTALLY RE-ARRANGED...........

As this Wednesday begins my Rehab Therapy Sessions are much more spaced out tielfm-wise than they have been, immediately after breakfast at 8:30 am; then 10:30 am; 1:30 pm; 2 pm; and 5 pm. 3 PT sessions, 1 OT session, and 1 RT session, which I am doing a practice session myself right now; by blogging this column. The first therapy session was PT, an agressive half hour of stretching both legs, against pressure from the therapist; partially on my back, and partially on my stomach, laying on the mat. I was awakened by a nurse at 5 a.m., and asked if I wanted to take a shower at that hour. I chose to take the shower this afternoon, when I am fully alert between therapies. I was brisked undressed and dressed for the day at 6 a.m., and remained in bed until 7:50 a.m., watching the first hour of the Today Show and Matt Lauer's live,in studio, interview with First Lady Michelle Obama. The second therapy session is at 10:30 am, so in addition to blogging, in between time, just to varietize my free periods I am watching some of Regis and Kelly, as they celebrate their 10th Anniversary partnered together. The First Lady is also a guest on their program today. MYOne of my day nurses and a student assigned to assist with me, asked if I would take my shower at 9:30 am, and I did. My next physical appeared at 10:05 am, telling the rest of my day's schedule has been rearranged. So I have four more therapy sessions at times to be announced.....1:50 p.m. >>>>>2 more physical therapy sessions were put on my schedule before lunch, which is 4 sessions in three and a half hours. At the fourth session, I successfully stood up, for 15-20 seconds twice on my left foot with the assistance of the parallel bars and two therapists; ten days after I could barely stand at all, without my left foot collapsing in 3 - 5 seconds, Therapy, training, time, and PATIENCE, pays off, when I am on the real, and same page with others assisting me. I am told I have a 1:30 p.m. session, not sure of which therapy; and a 5 p.m. recreational therapy session. So frre / visitor time is between 2 -5 p.m., and 7 - 9 p.m.; and optimistically I will have a visitor or more...........With Anticipation For Continuing Productive Progress, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive