Sunday, February 27, 2011

A VERY GOOD ARRAY OF SUNDAY VISITORS AND CALLS TODAY...........

For two consecutive Sundays today, I am back on track with visitors, on the Sabbath. Just as lunch arrived, St. Philomene's parishioner, Diane Jones, made a return visit to see me, as she did at Sutter Roseville three weeks ago. Moments later Joe Gibson and his lady, Ruth Rosenberg arrived in, and during their joint lunch time visits, the three of them had a supporting phone caller, in a call I received from Stephen McDaid in Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland. At the end of eating my lunch after Joe and Ruth had left and Diane was preparing to depart, Father Patrick Lee appeared to see me, for his second time in three days. He has begun reading my blog, and has already posted two Comments on my Thursday February 24, blog column. Sara and Pete Nava, also came by to visit me and brought me a bowl of sugar free jello. After my afternoon P.T. session, which was standing with assistance from a wallker and an initial lifting assist from the the therapist, I succeeded in three standing efforts to reach the third time I stood this afternoon, a new personal high in these past 5 weeks : 3 minutes and 25 seconds, forty seconds greater than the previous high. And I achieved this with substantial sharp pain in my back core with a tug to the right, and protruding sharply into my left leg, limiting the amount of times I can endure standing. Father John Healy, brought me Holy Communion and prayed with me, about forty five minutes ago..... The Oscars telecast is just six minutes away. Enjoy Your Sunday Evening. I Shall Being In Mercy General Rehab / Continuing Care, And Watching The Oscars, Go, "The King's Speech", And Actor Colin Firth, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive