Saturday, February 19, 2011

MY TRANSFER TO BRUCEVILLE TERRACE NEAR METHODIST HOSPITAL IN SOUTH SACRAMENTO HAS TAKEN PLACE, BUT NOT WITHOUT FRUSTRATION...........

HALLELUAH !!!!!!!!!! After 3 days, and 7 hours, of trying to establish internet access here at Bruceville Terrace Nursing and Rehab Facility, in South Sacramento, and a lack of availability in this building of wireless capability, but which led to my be given misinformation with three different answers in just two days, thanks to Sharon Bishop, and her computer thechnician Steve, of Fastbreak Tech, in Sacramento, I am up and back online again; to resume communicating with all of you, my faithful and true Blog readership in the United States and throughout the World. What a joy it is to continue to share the experiences of my Rehabilitation, four weeks tonight following following my right foot amputation, and to keep you fully updated on my progress. I resumed intermediate therapy sessions on Thursday morning, after a two day respite, due to an antibiotic / potentially kidney failure problem with one of my antibiotics in the eight week intravenious antibiotic regime I am undergoing; to heal and prevent all infections as my stump healing proceeds. My nephrologist, Dr. Bhat, caught the serious problem in last Monday's labs, which only then showed up in the lab reports that have been done daily since my hospitalization on January 14. Dr. Bhat got on top of it right away and fixed the problem, avoiding my going into kidney failure; by trading out the malfunctioning antibiotic, which had broken down muscles in my body, sending toxins back into my body and starting to poison me, which would have brought on kidney failure. Replacing the malfeasant antibiotic with one I have used several times successfully, with no side effects, over the past nine years, since my diabetic right foot wound and charcot foot surgery first occurred in 2002, by Tuesday evening and Wednesday, I have feel again, as normal as I have felt the past six weeks, with infection swirling and amputation, rehab, and a thirty pound weight loss happening. I am functioning daily, eating, doing all my therapy sessions, and interacting with staff, therapists, family, friends, parishioners, telephone callers, and visitors, and tolerating have a shared room for the first time in 33 years, since I moved from my family home, and the bedroom I shared with my youngest brother Tom, from elementary school to college. Intermediate Rehab Therapy at Bruceville Terrace, is defined as 1 Occuptational Therapy session, (O.T.) and 1 Physical Therapy session, (P.T.) daily; O.T. after breakfast - and P.T., before lunch. After lunch, I sit up in my wheelchair, or at my bedside for an extended period of time, to strengthen my body further; meet with a myriad of facility staff; exchange phone calls; read; chillax; and once again, I will be Blogging; E-mailing; and Facebooking; as often as I can every day that exists in the four weeks ahead......

The address of Bruceville Terrace is : 8151 Bruceville Road, off the Mack Road 99 South exit, near the Methodist Hospital. My new room Number is : 116 B, in the C section of the facility. The Nurses' Station telephone to be connected through to my room, is : 423-6026. In my first three and a half days here so far, Victor Herrera, Msgr. Kavanagh, Father Montoya, Karin and Roger Geach, and their children - Kellie, and her husband, Patrick Moran, and three of their four children; Rodd, and his wife, Karla, and their three children, as well as phone calls, from and with - Father Traynor, Sister Theresa, Joe Gibson, Sharon Bishop, Ramona Bugatto, Louise Bartridge, Pat Hornback, Sara Nava, the McDaids, Father Oliver, and Curtis Richards; have allievated the frustration and anxiety, that not having internet accessibilty seamlessly available these past 80 hours has caused me. Now I renew my Information Sharing and Recreational Therapy, that allows me to effectively update and communicate with everyone of you, accurately and efficiently..........Thank You For Your Patience, Perseverance, and Understanding, With Me, And The Ourdated Hard Drive Only / No Wireless Accessibility Of This Institution And Building, Fr. 'Very Happily Restored To The Internet Again' Father Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive