Tuesday, February 15, 2011

AN ANTIOBIOTIC / MUSCLE BREAKDOWN / POTENTIAL KIDNEY COMPLICATION..........

After breakfast and my first PT session, in which I stood on my left foot for as much as 90 seconds again,with assistance of the therapist and a walker, I also placed my right knee on another pillowed chair pressing it down, thus simultaneously strengthening both. While sitting in my room in the wheelchair, awaiting my second PT session, I fell asleep for 15 minutes or so, slumped over in the chair. Upon awaking, I felt a very pronounced nausea like reaction, as though I needed to vomit, but could not do so. I also felt an urgent need to urinate, but was unable to do so. Then, a strong headache occurred, and when Vincent, my PT arrived, who did session 1, with me - and was to do session 2, I agreed to try doing the therapy, and went to the gym with him; but as he prepared to put me on the transfer board, he could see how physically deteriated I was and called off the therapy. He took me back to my room, and helped me get back to bed, and reported to the nurses station and wrote an extensive chart note of his observations. Within minutes Dr. Bhat appeared at my bedside for the first time in these thirty two days, and reported that the intense pain in my limbs, is not just ordinary, but being caused as well, by the malfunctioning of one of my intravenious antibiotics, causing muscle breakdown in my body and threatening kidney failure, with toxins already poisoning my body. He told me it, "only showed up in yesterday's latest lab reports, that he has caught it in time, and can and will fix it". He immediately changed out that malfesant antibiotic for another, I have been infused with several times during the past ten years and that has never has caused a problem for me. The flushing out of the toxins from my body, with saline, for the past five hours, and also infusing me with the replacement antibiotic has helped address the problem; and I am feeling normal again, and sitting up at bedside, the past 45 minutes, interneting, and blogging. My deep back pain is a 3 or less, and I feel well enough o go to the Dining Room for dinner, unless the nurses advise me to decide otherwise, and eat in my room tonight. I have a bed available at Bruceville Terrace in South Sacramento, which is adjacent to Methodist Hospital, and now owned and operated by Catholic Healthcare West / Mercy, and I am scheduled to be Transferred tomorrows morning, Wednesday February 16, if my doctors, nurses, and Rehab Team at Sutter Roseville, agree I am stable enough to do so...........An UnEven, Anxious, Complicated, Kidney Threatening, Day, Improving Given Dr, Bhat's Perfectly Proficient, Medical Expertise, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive