Thursday, February 10, 2011

MEALS, MEDICATIONS, AND MORE THERAPY, TODAY - UNTIL THE BED AVAILABILITY CALL FROM MERCY COMES...........

It is my Discharge Day from Sutter Roseville Acute Rehabilatation, exactly fourteen days after entering and I will be keeping a regular schedule here until I receive the phone call, informing me when Mercy Rehab and Skilled Nursing, has a Bed Available for me. I have three PT and two OT therapy sessions schedule today, between 9 a.m., and 3 p.m., and the Protheses professional is supposed to bring me a Stump Shrinker Sock, to fit over the amputation.....My first PT session at 9 a.m., with Patrick, and Alicia, was very successful. With their assistance and support, and Patrick's strength, I was able to stand tall on my left foot, three times - for 30 seconds; 45 seconds; and 45 seconds; an increase from a weakened and collapsing 3 - 5 seconds, just 11 days ago.....My second physical therapy session at 1 p.m., was more standing on my left leg and foot, with the support of the parallel bars, were much improved with help therapists. Not as long a three standings this afternoon, 15 seconds; 25 seconds; 30 seconds; as compared to this morning.....An OT session at 1:30 p.m., practiced with me transfers on and off the commode, without a transfer board. The transfers lifting and moving across to commode, or back into the wheelchair.....The day's third and final PT session, thirty minutes of lifting myself up from the mat, as though I was going to transfer to the wheelchair with the transfer board, and stretching and straighting my right leg out, up, and down, I had only gas fumes in my tank to finish, but I did. My back pain has been throbbing all day, so I have been back in bed since 3 p.m., and will stay in bed for dinner and the rest of the night. My latest dose of pain reliever is working and after 5 hours sitting up today, I do not want to disrupt my comfort zone taking hold, or increase the pain. Although I have not been discharged as scheduled, hopefully, Mercy will have a bed available at one of their locations, tomorrow, or by the weekend. I am very ready to move on and make further successful rehab / skilled nursing progress...........Fr. Troy

.....Although no personal visitors today, I have truly delightful phone calls from Fr. Oliver Maher, Roger Geach, Sharon Bishop, Ralph Merletti, and Joe Gibson, and a return call from to Sara Nava. I have also expanded my communication updates to other friends and parishioners, in my previous parishes...........fr.tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive