Sunday, February 20, 2011

MY 5TH SUNDAY POST AMPUTATION AND 1ST SUNDAY IN BRUCEVILLE TERRACE.....IN ADDITION TO THERAPY, THERE IS A CATHOLIC COMMUNION SERVICE HERE TODAY...........

I slept best last night in the past three nights, in Room 116B of Bruceville Terrace - as Mr. Peterson, in bed 116A, had fewer complications overnight and the light on his side of the room, did not go on until 5 am, an hour ago. As this 7th Sunday of Ordinary Time begins, my back and leg pain, are at bay; and I am looking forward to the Communion Service at 9:15 am, especially having not had Communion last Sunday, at Sutter Roseville Rehab. Being in South Sacramento today, not Roseville, I wonder how many visitors the day may brung, after not having anyone the past two Sundays ? I do not expect many, if any, may come from OLOL, although, it is not much further the opposite direction south than north for them to travel, to come here. My computer and internet connection are working wonderfully since Steve of FastTech connected the broadband card last night, for which I am so very grateful. Once more it is abundant proof, how resourceful and problem solving my new friend Sharon Bishop, and the array of my circle of friends truly are. I am most grateful, as this day begins to Reverend Father Frank Lawlor, who is retired - a forty two year priest of the Sacramento Diocese, who agreed last night on last moment's notice to celebrate the two Sunday Masses this morning at OLOL. Father Traynor called me after the 5 pm Mass there last night with word he had to preside at the Mass, as the Sunday Supply priest, did not show for whatever reason. Not able to cover the Masses this morning himself, Father Tony asked me to find a priest(s) to take today's Masses, which from my Rehab bed, fifteen plus miles away on a Saturday night, is no small task. Fortunately, I was able to arrange coverage with Fr. Lawlor's availability and cooperation, thanks be to God. With today's shortage of priests, an ill, or rehabilating Pastor's work is necessary from hospital or skilled nursing rehab facility, to address such vital pastoral needs, as finding a priest for Sunday Mass.....Karin Geach cut my hair yesterday morning, which after nearly six weeks without a haircut, was starting to get long and curly at the back. She did a great job and it looks and feels wonderful. Over the past five weeks plus, she and her husband Roger, have led the way in the number of visits and calls they have made to Sutter Roseville and Bruceville Terrace, to date, to support me with their friendship and love, through this present phase of my health challenges. As they have always been for the three and a half decades I have known their family, from my catechist, lector, pre-seminarian days as a college student at St. Roses's, through my seminary formation and twenty five years of deacon and priestly ministry, they have consistently shared the bounty and generosity of their faithfulness and loyalty with me, as reliably present friends. IT is nearing time for breakfast, so I will close for now, with enthusiasm to be able to blog with and for you, later today, now that my opportrunity to do so, has resumed once more...........Prayers And Gratitude For Your Care And Concern, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive