Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DR. COOKSON IS VERY PLEASED WITH THE PROGRESS OF MY AMPUTATION STUMP...........

Keeping my scheduled appointment with Dr. James Cookson, this morning, the appointment went very well. Dr. Cookson removed the steri-strips atop the amputation area, where he had removed the staples from fifteen days ago. He said the site looks great and the healing is happening as it should, The area is still bulbous in shape, which he said the shrinker shock and other accessories will help to taper down and shape into the size necessary for my healed stump to fit into the prostheses in several weeks time. The prostheses is state of the art, not unlike the orthopedic boot I have worn for two periods of time over the past seven years. It is made with a gel in the middle of it, that allows amputees like me, to step into the prostheses and roll it up the rest of my leg, not unlike how I am having to wear the shrinker sock. I asked Dr. Cookson what the start of the ten week preparation period for being placed in the prostheses permanently is. His answer was it includes this period of rehabiltation, but is not a concrete assurance; rather if all goes successfully as expected - it is possible it will happen ten weeks or shortly after my rehabilitation and return to the rectory occurs, which is currently expected to be March 19. So it is possible that I could be standing, walking, and working, in a fully upright and mobile position, by early to mid April, thus by Holy Week and the Easter Triduum, please God. Also, he told me as soon as I feel able to celebrate Mass and the Sacraments, I may resume doing so in my wheelchair, as I have for two years, of the past nine years; thus as soon as the Saturday / Sunday I am back at OLOL...........Praise The Lord And My Doctors And Rehabilitation Team, Alleluia !! Amen !! Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive