Saturday, February 26, 2011

AFTERNOON PHYSICAL THERAPY AND A VISIT FROM MSGR. KAVANAGH, AND PHONE CALLS FROM FR. STEVE AVELLA, AND ROGER GEACH...........

After a wonderful and productive first night and morning at the Mercy General Rehab C.C.C., Continuing Care Center - Saturday afternoon was equally resourceful and visitor/caler friendly. Father John Healy, the longtime Chaplain of Mercy General Hospita, appeared at my room door, at about 2:30 p.m., in the company of Msgr, ed Kavanagh. Father Healy left Kavanagh and I, to continue his appointed rounds throughout the hospital. After twenty minutes or so, of chatty conversation, the second physical therapist assigned to me, Stephanie, appeared in my doorway wanting for me and her to do the second session of P.T.,. So Msgr, K, left me, leaving me to do the physical therapy session, which was sliding board from bed to wheelchair more transfers on the sliding board from bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to bed. An earlier check in telephone conversation with Fr. Steve Avella, was as always a delightful discussion of all current topics involving us. His call came about an hour after lunch. About an hour after dinner, Roger Geach called to inquire as to my progress as I settle into my desired rehab location for this portion of what lays ahead of me, which it has been since my discharge from Sutter Roseville Rehabilitation Institute, more than two weeks ago. That's the summary of this Saturday...........Peace, Quiet, Calm, Rest, Rehab, Recreation, And The Reality To Heal And Progress Forward, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive